Welcome to Triad Guaranty Insurance, In Rehabilitation

Formed in 1987 to write private mortgage insurance, Triad Guaranty Insurance Corporation, In Rehabilitation ("Triad") is a wholly owned subsidiary of Triad Guaranty Inc. Triad ceased issuing commitments for new business on July 15, 2008 and entered into voluntary run-off. Existing certificates will continue to be honored. In run-off Triad will continue to manage existing insurance in-force by paying valid claims, collecting premiums and partnering with our customers to develop solutions to keep borrowers in their homes and reduce mortgage related losses.

On December 11, 2012, the Illinois Department of Insurance (the "Department") placed Triad in rehabilitation.

On October 29, 2013, the Supervising Court approved the Rehabilitator’s Plan of Rehabilitation for Triad Guaranty Insurance Corporation (“TGIC”). A copy of the Plan of Rehabilitation can be found at http://www.osdchi.com/ProposedPlan.htm. Under the terms of the Plan of Rehabilitation, claims for loss, unearned premium and return of premium will be paid at the rate of 75% of the amount determined to be due, and a deferred payment obligation (“DPO”) will be recorded for the remaining 25% of the amount due. Outstanding DPOs, which were recorded by TGIC prior to approval of the Plan of Rehabilitation on loss claims that were previously paid at the rate of 60% of the amount due, will receive 37.5% of the deferred amount, in order to equalize those prior claim payments with the new 75% claim payment rate called for under the Plan of Rehabilitation.

Triad Guaranty Insurance Corporation, In Rehabilitation
101 South Stratford Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27104
336-723-1282 / 800-451-4872